1a. 5 X 10 = 1b. 10 X 75 =
1c. 10 X 1,000 = 1d. 103 X 100 =
1e. 500 X 100 = 1f. 40 X 40 =
1g. 100 X 27 = 1h. 100 X 207 =
1i. 1,000 X 80,000 = 1j. 70 X 70 =
- There are 5 players on a basketball team. If ten games are being played in a big gymnasium, how many players are on the courts? (Be careful!)
- If Jennifer saves $10 every month, how much money will she have after one year?
- In a certain school there are 30 classrooms. If there are 20 students in each classroom, what is the total number of students in this school?
- A standard piano has 88 keys. If a warehouse has 30 pianos in it, what is the total number of keys on all the pianos?
- If each new box of toothpicks contains 200 toothpicks, how many toothpicks are there in 20 new boxes?
- There are 12 eggs in one dozen. If four people share the eggs equally, how many eggs does each person get?
- Suppose we start with one dozen eggs. Egbert eats 3 eggs and Tamyra eats 2 eggs. Write an equation that shows what fraction of the eggs is eaten. (Hint: The denominator is 12.)
- Refer to the previous problem and write an equation that shows what fraction of the dozen eggs is left over.
- In the school orchestra there are two tubas, four trumpets, and four trombones. What fraction of these instruments is trumpets?
- Refer to the previous problem. What fraction is tubas?
- In a certain bakery, 3/4 of the sweet rolls are cinnamon buns, and 2/3 of these cinnamon buns contain pecans. What fraction of the sweet rolls in this bakery is cinnamon buns with pecans?
To check your answers, go to Answers to Book 3 Extra Problems